Happy Monday to you all..
We had quite an eventful weekend as did most people on the Eastern seaboard...
The storm has passed though until next time..
We did get to go to church yesterday and were very blessed..
Hope you all fared well in your part of the world.
Today my hubby visited the farm and I stayed home to try and get some things done..
I don't accomplish as much when we are hanging out here together..
I don't know why because we do our own thing but I seem to get more done when I am alone..
Anyway..
I am trying to get ready for Keepers meeting in a couple of weeks and decided to make this new recipe for the breakfast part..
I took them out of the oven and iced them and left them on the counter cooling...
I knew Terry would be home soon so I had gone in to comb my hair and change my clothes as I had a lot of flour on me..
I am a messy cook.. smile..
I heard Sammi barking and knew he had arrived home..
I had told him I would make him a little something but not to get excited because it might not be good..
He laughed and said he would be looking forward to it..
When I came out he was grinning like a wee boy..
He said they were so good and went on and on..smile..
I guess they are a success and I will share with you after the Keepers Meeting..
But for tonight I am feeling blessed to be married to a man who sometimes annoys me like mad but also makes my heart melt over something as trivial as appreciation for a baked donut..
Sometimes it seems as though the world thinks it needs gloss and glitter to make marriages work..
Possessions like houses and vehicles and even careers and beauty are thought to be the basis for a good marriage..
Time spent building careers and friendships seem more important then time spent developing a marriage..
Hollywood has not helped ..
Marriage does not count for much in that sphere..
Divorce is just an everyday occurrence and commitment is hard to come by..
Faithfulness is scarce and lifestyle is everything..
Still ...
There are many who desire a marriage that is steadfast and sure..
And they are still possible..
Even today..
With God all things are possible..
Sometimes I think that it is just
the little things that make the difference in a marriage....
Things like sharing the bathroom and the making of breakfast together..
The sharing of a pot of coffee and reading the daily paper..
It is the sweet remarks about how beautiful you are when you know that you are anything but in that old red housecoat and slippers..
It's the wanting to kiss that bald head when he is bent over a task at the kitchen table..
And the calls on the cell phone saying he is almost to the farm and won't be long..
Important things like praying together for a concern of a child..
Or sitting together in church and smiling at each other over a grandson's remark..
The enjoyment of laughing together at the same thing..
The small things that you take for granted everyday of your life but would be so missed if they weren't around..
The good and the not so good...
Then there are things that are annoying like driving slow to save on gas bills or his need to always be the one in charge...
But then you are so glad he is at the helm when there is a crisis..
And always being late.. Oh my... smile..
The faithfulness.. The loyalty.. The trust..The sweetness...
The meagre beginnings that are shared and appreciated..
The children that mean the whole world to both..
The joy of a hug and a kiss still after all these years..
Looking across the mall and knowing the set of those shoulders...
Seeing the same light in his eye that I saw many years ago.. smile..
The giving and taking..
The compromises ..
The love and trust we share in our God....
Yes... tonight it is the little things that make me love him so.. smile..
Thank you Jesus..
Well, dear hearts if this is just a little too corny for you all then just blame it on Valentines Day...
Thank you for dropping by and your lovely comments that I read and cherish..
Have a wonderful week ...
I better publish this before I change my mind. grin..
Linked to...OUR SIMPLE FARM...

0 Yorumlar