Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Is This Gratuitous? Cover to Superman/Batman #40


Superman/Batman #40
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
After a short hiatus from my "gratuitous" feature, I am back with a new candidate. It was actually a pretty easy selection as I am still surprised at what I see.

Superman/Batman is usually more action driven, and I am used to seeing covers that reflect that. What caught my attention after getting used to the provocative pose was the fact that the cover appears to be either a "fold over" like Mad Magazine used to have, or the artist used a mirror image on both sides to give symmetry. Either way, this cover has a shock value.

Normally I don't associate Batman with a hot and bothered look like this, so that makes it even more surprising. Dustin Nguyen is an artist that I have always appreciated for his flow. I didn't recognize this as his work at first. It just doesn't fit what I find to be his "norm". Maybe that could be a good thing? Maybe not??

I am fearful that my local retailer is going to hide this behind the counter when it comes out. The pose gives off a definite sexual vibe, and the weaponry just sends it home. I will let you know if my retailer does indeed hide it.

On that note, I am asking for your valuable opinion once again.

Is this gratuitous?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar