But the bedded flora is still okay...I reckon that is because we water every night and damn near every morning. We put in these bottle brush plants early last year...this is the first bloom. Kinda strange looking blooms..they look like a bottle brush, huh? Of course you will have to click on the picture and enlarge it to see the bloom. These plants will attract butterflies...but then I have found that anything that attracts butterflies will also attract bumble bees and wasps...

These wild roses from Bow and Arrow country have taken off. We tied some runners to the trellis this morning...trying to train them to grow up the wood...but then they are WILD Oklahoma roses and wild Okies are hard to train...sweetthing has been working on me for over 45 years now...

I have had several rose plants over the years...never gave them the TLC that roses needed I reckon...and that is probably why I never had much success with them. But since we have been on sweetthing's half acre I have had the time to play nursemaid to them and it has paid off. I have never had a rose to put on this many buds on one stem at one time!

0 Yorumlar