Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MAC HUGGABLE LIPCOLOURS IN 'LOVE BEAM', 'OUT FOR PASSION' & 'COMMOTION'

Top to bottom: CommotionLove Beam and Out for Passion Huggable Lipcolours.


So, I thought I wouldn't buy another Mac lipstick again...fail.  I have so many other lipsticks that I prefer over them that I felt I should refrain myself from buying any more of them.  Of course, I did buy the popular Candy Yum Yum as soon as it was restocked - I confess, not that long before these new Huggable Lipcolours were made mine, too.  I guess that makes it a double fail!!! *sigh* 

Anyway, third time lucky, hey? ;)

Fortunately, I rather like these Huggable Lipcolours which came out in Australia a week ago.  Though I'm sure there's already a shade or two already sold out as with all Mac collections.  I would check different Mac counters in case they have the shade you want if it's not online.

I picked three that I fancied out of the twelve released: 'Love Beam', 'Out for Passion' and 'Commotion'.
Apart from the pretty shades, I like the flexibility of its sheer to buildable colour without being completely opaque, and the balm and lipstick hybrid formula for that moisturising feel.  And...I much, much prefer the packaging, which is reminiscent of Chantecaille's Lip Chics, and sooo glad it isn't in the shape reminiscent of a tampon!  I will gladly take this one out of my handbag any time and flash it about like no one's business.  I remember the first time I bought a Mac lipstick a few years ago I felt embarrassed to take it out.  I used to have to take the lid off inside the handbag, so no one would see, then apply, then put the lid back on inside my bag.  After a while, I didn't care anymore of course. *whew*  I'm glad I got over that difficult period of my life!  Haha. ;)
Chantecaille Lip Chic (above left and below right) versus the Mac Huggable Lipcolours.
Anyhoo, back to these new lippies!

Texture-wise, these also remind me of Chantecaille's Lip Chics. :)  Below is a photograph of the two lipstick formulas and hopefully you can see they share the same luminous finish.
The Huggable Lipcolours certainly feel creamy and emollient, and have a luminous finish as claimed.  However, strangely enough, Mac claims these to last for up to six hours!  With this type of texture, I generally wouldn't expect a very long wear time.  My actual wear time was about two hours with sips of water and a light meal during that period.  Pretty much all of it was gone by that time.  I got about an hour wear longer for the much deeper shade, 'Commotion' as it has a much stronger pigment.

Colour-wise, my favourite every day shade is 'Out for Passion' - who can resist a MLBB a warm, medium, rose.  It looks flattering on lots of people, and it was the most flattering on me out of the three. My second favourite is 'Commotion' - it's a gorgeous cool-toned, fuchsia berry - a must-have if you don't have one like it already and find it hard to wear deeper shades in the same colour family.  'Love Beam' is a medium, warm pink, which is also lovely for day wear, but is my least favourite of the three.

Below are swatches on my arm and lips.  For reference I have olive, tanned skin and these were photographed indoors using a strobe.
Above: ingredients list.


Highly recommend picking a shade or so to your liking while you still can if you like this type of emollient lipstick formula.


Hope this was helpful.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar